Plan Your Trip
ACE Annual Meeting Room Block & Confirming Arrival/Departure Dates
Hotel accommodations are exclusively for registered ACE2019 attendees. Please register for the meeting to secure your hotel reservation within the ACE Annual Meeting room block. Refer to the snapshot of events below to confirm your hotel arrival and departure dates.
Snapshot of Events
- The National Association of Presidential Assistants in Higher Education (NAPAHE) Annual Conference begins on Friday, March 8, 2019, with Pre-Conference Sessions at 2:00 p.m., and ends Sunday, March 10, 2019.
- The ACE Women’s Network State Chairs’ Leadership Conference begins on Saturday, March 9, 2019, and ends Sunday, March 10, 2019.
- The ACE Annual Meeting begins on Saturday, March 9, 2019, with social events at 5:00 p.m. (on Saturday, Pre-Conference Master Classes are available from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.) and ends on Tuesday, March 12, 2019, with the closing plenary concluding at 11:30 a.m.
Main Conference Hotel
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
1201 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
GPS ALERT: Please use 1201 Filbert Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 in your GPS. This will take you to directly to the hotel drive.
Hotel reservations are exclusively for registered attendees. Please register for the meeting before securing your hotel reservation. Registered attendees will receive the ACE Annual Meeting hotel room block reservation information in their confirmation letter.
To receive the discounted room rate, please reserve your room in the ACE Annual Meeting room block by Friday, February 8, 2019, subject to availability. Taxes and fees are not included in the room rate. There is a 15.5 percent state and occupancy tax. The total rate (which includes these occupancy taxes) is $287.60. (Complimentary Internet, valued at $12.95 per day, is provided for rooms booked within the ACE Annual Meeting hotel room block)
Beware of Housing “Pirates” and “Poachers”
When ACE secures rooms at hotels for our conferences (commonly referred to as room blocks), we research the properties to ensure that our attendees will be adequately accommodated and to guarantee that rooms meet our standards and are offered at a discounted price.
We have been informed that registrants are sometimes contacted by fax, email, and phone with offers for cut-rate housing. The intent is to convince you that the offer is made on our behalf, or that the soliciting company is a viable alternative to going through our service provider. This is not true. Housing for the ACE Annual Meeting is handled exclusively by ACE and the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
How You Can Help:
Don’t be misled! If you are contacted by anyone asking if you need a room for the Annual Meeting, please get as much information as you can and pass it on to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 1,332-room, 76-suite Philadelphia Marriott Downtown is the largest hotel in the city and is in an incredible central location. Within the hotel, guests will enjoy delicious dining, Starbucks, a fitness center, and a heated indoor pool. The property’s inviting rooms offer deluxe amenities and plenty of space to relax. Museums, shops, and historic attractions are all within walking distance of the hotel. For additional details about the hotel property and amenities, visit the hotel’s website.
- Check-in time: 4:00 p.m.
- Check-out time: 11:00 a.m.
Onsite Dining Options:
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Restaurants:
- Circ: cocktails and light American fare, casual; open daily, 5:00 p.m.–2:00 a.m., 215-625-2900
- 13 Restaurant: breakfast, lunch, and dinner, American fare, casual; Monday–Sunday, 6:30 a.m.–10:00 p.m., 215-625-2900
- Starbucks: coffee, breakfast, and snacks; Sunday–Thursday, 5:30 a.m.–9:00 p.m. and Friday–Saturday, 5:30 a.m.–10:00 p.m., 215-625-2900
- Room service: breakfast, lunch, and dinner offered daily. Check with the front desk for availability.
- Concierge Lounge: Marriott Rewards Elite members have access to the hotel’s exclusive lounge, which is located on the 23rd floor and open daily, with Wi-Fi throughout.
Services and Amenities:
- All public areas are non-smoking
- Car rental
- Cash machine/ATM
- Coffee/tea in-room
- Concierge lounge
- Concierge desk
- Housekeeping service daily
- Laundry, onsite and coin operated
- Mobility accessible rooms
- Newspaper delivered to room, on request
- Newspaper in lobby
- Phone calls, toll-free
- Room service
- Safe deposit boxes, front desk
- Shoeshine stand
- Valet dry cleaning
- Vending machines
- Virtual concierge available
Off-Site Dining Options:
- Reading Terminal Market: across the street from the hotel is one of America’s largest and oldest public markets. Open every day from 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
- El Vez: Mexican, 0.3 miles
- Hard Rock Cafe: American, ½ block
- 1225Raw: Sushi and raw bar, 0.3 miles
- Zio’s Brick Oven Pizza: Pizzeria, 0.3 miles
- Barbuzzo: Mediterranean, 0.3 miles
- The Capital Grille: American, 0.2 miles
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital Emergency Room: 215-955-6000 | 111 S 11th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- CVS Pharmacy: 215-592-1543 | 1046 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Rite Aid Pharmacy: 215-351-5314 | 1000-1008 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
- U.S. Post Office: 800-275-8777 | 1234 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107
Hotel Health Club Information and Nearby Recreational Activities:
- There is complimentary 24-hour health club access for all attendees booked under the ACE Annual Meeting room block.
- Indoor Pool Hours: Monday–Sunday: 6:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m. (Heated pool; towels provided)
- Biking trail (1 mile)
- Bowling (0.5 miles)
- Jogging/fitness trail (1 mile)
- Miniature golf (1.3 miles)
- Bike rentals (1.7 miles)
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Club (6.4 miles)
- Walnut Lane Golf Club (8 miles)
- Juniata Golf Course (7.4 miles)
- Cobbs Creek Golf Club (6.7 miles)
- Karakung Course
- Olde Course
- John F. Byrne Golf Club (13.4 miles)
- Meadowbrook Golf Course (17.4 miles)
- Scotland Run Golf Club (21.5 miles)
- Copy service
- Fax service
- Full-service, onsite, staffed business center
- Network/Internet printing
- Overnight delivery/pickup
High-Speed Internet Cost:
Attendees in the ACE Annual Meeting room block will receive complimentary Wi-Fi in their rooms; all rooms have wireless and wired Internet available. For individuals who are not within the ACE Annual Meeting room block, high-speed Internet (to check email or browse the web) is offered for $12.95 per day. Enhanced high-speed Internet (to video chat, stream video, or download large files) is offered for $16.95 per day. There is complimentary wireless Internet in the lobby and public areas.
Weather/Temperature Information in Philadelphia:
The average high in mid-March is mid-40s, while the average low is mid-20s with the mean being in the mid-30s. The weather is very unpredictable. Precipitation is likely. Conference participants are highly encouraged to bring rain gear and clothing that can be layered for any outdoor activities.
GPS ALERT: Please use 1201 Filbert Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 in your GPS. This will take you to directly to the hotel drive.
Take advantage of public transportation in Philadelphia when you stay at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown. The Philadelphia Marriott Downtown’s concierge can help with your transportation needs, whether you require a taxi, rental car, or metro transportation.
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown Hotel Parking:
- Self-parking: available during special events and weekends; garage height ft. 8 in; fees include tax-oversized $63.70 daily (In/out privileges. Limited space.)
- Valet Parking: $53.90 daily (Plus tax. In/out privileges. Limited space.)
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is the closest airport to the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown.
- Airport phone: 215-937-6937
- Hotel direction: 12 miles north; roughly 20-minute travel by car
- This hotel does not provide shuttle service.
- Estimated taxi fare: $30 (one way)
- Driving directions: Travel east from the airport. Take the ramp for PA-291 East and continue to exit 13 to merge onto PA-291 East toward Interstate 76 West/Valley Forge. Turn left onto South 26th Street. Take the ramp onto Interstate 76 West. Follow Interstate 76 West to exit 344 to merge onto Interstate 676 East/US-30 East toward Central Philadelphia. Take the exit for Broad Street/Central Philadelphia. Make a slight left onto Vine Street. Keep right at the fork in the road and turn right onto North 12th Street. Proceed to Market Street and turn right to the hotel.
Jefferson Metro Station service, fee: $8.00 (one way from the airport to the hotel)
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority, SEPTA, provides train service between Center City and the Airport on the Airport Regional Rail Line. Trains run every 30 minutes and operate from 4:52 a.m. to 11:52 p.m. (Center City to Airport) and from 5:07 a.m. to 12:30 a.m. (Airport to Center City).
Stations on the Airport Regional Rail Line include Terminal E/F, Terminal C/D, Terminal B, Terminal A (East), Eastwick, University City, 30th Street, and three Center City stations along Market Street, includes 30th Street, along with Suburban Station and Jefferson Station. All stations on the Airport Line are wheelchair accessible.
Connections to other SEPTA Regional Rail lines and transit routes can be made at University City, 30th Street, Suburban, and Jefferson Stations.
SEPTA Quick Trip Fare is now available for travel on the Airport Line from all Airport terminal stations. Use your credit or debit card to buy your one-way fare at the fare kiosk located at each terminal platform stop. Learn more at http://www.septa.org/key/updates/airport-quick-trips.html.
Train Station Information:
Philadelphia 30th Street Station
2955 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Directions to Philadelphia Marriott Downtown from the Philadelphia 30th Street Train Station: 1.4 miles; roughly 11-minute travel by car
Continue to Schuylkill Avenue
Slight left toward Schuylkill Avenue
Take I-676/US-30 E, Vine Street and N 12th Street to Market Street
Turn left onto Schuylkill Ave
Use the right lane to take the Interstate 76 W ramp to Valley Forge
Keep right at the fork, follow signs for I-676 E/US-30 E/Central Philadelphia
Continue onto I-676/US-30 E
Use the right two lanes to take the exit toward Broad Street/Central Philadelphia
Keep left at the fork, follow signs for PA-611/Broad Street/PA Convention Center
Continue onto Vine Street
Keep right to stay on Vine Street
Turn right onto N 12th Street
Pass by Four Points by Sheraton Philadelphia City Center (on the right)
Turn right onto Market Street
ACE2019 will take place in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the sixth most populous city in the U.S. and home to many colleges and universities, in the centrally located Philadelphia Marriott Downtown hotel.
This historic city offers unique opportunities for tourism, entertainment, and more for you to enjoy during your visit. Make the most of your time at ACE’s Annual Meeting and add an extra day or two to your visit. Check out Philadelphia’s tourism site for more information, and see our suggestions below.
For the traditional tourist:
If it’s your first time in Philadelphia, consider visiting some of the city’s iconic landmarks.
- The Love Statue was created in 1976 by Robert Indiana and has been featured in countless photos taken in the City of Brotherly Love.
- Independence Hall is the historic location where the Declaration of Independence was signed. Free tickets are required to tour Independence Hall from March through December, so we recommend you plan ahead for this visit.
- The Rocky Statue, which depicts actor Sylvester Stallone as the titular character in Rocky, is northeast of the Philadelphia Museum of Art steps his character famously runs up in the movie.
- The Liberty Bell Center is home to the iconic Liberty Bell. Admission to view the Liberty Bell is on a first-come, first-served basis, and lines can get long. We recommend you plan this for a day before or after ACE2019 activities.
For the foodie:
Philadelphia is more than just cheesesteaks—though we recommend having one or two of those while you’re visiting.
- Pat’s and Geno’s are two Philly cheesesteak stalwarts positioned across the street from each other. The two have allegedly been rivaling for decades (though many say the rivalry is just a big rumor).
- The Italian Market makes up about 10 city blocks of some of the best food vendors Philly has to offer.
- Reading Terminal Market offers food from across the globe, sweet treats, and more. If you’re craving something, you’ll find it here.
- Philly’s 10 most popular restaurants book up fast, so be sure to make your reservation in advance.
For the art and history buff:
- The Philadelphia Museum of Art spans three floors and holds over 240,000 works of art.
- The Rodin Museum is the only museum outside of France dedicated to the art of Auguste Rodin.
- The Parkway Central Library holds the Free Library of Philadelphia’s rare books collection.
- The Museum of the American Revolution houses several thousand objects, manuscripts, works of art, and more from the American revolutionary period.
For the music and theater lover:
- The Philadelphia Orchestra has performances featuring Mendelssohn, Schubert, and Tchaikovsky planned for March 2019.
- Broadway Philadelphia will be performing Rent at the Kimmel Center.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time will be on Walnut Street Theatre’s Mainstage in March 2019.
- The Pennsylvania Ballet will perform Giselle in March 2019.
Photo credits: One Liberty Observation Deck & PHLCVB (Franklin sculpture); PHLCVB (Alley); bklphoto.com for PHLCVB (Avenue of the Arts)